Visiting Group Activities
While you are visiting our community, you may want to take advantage of some of these activities.
- Strouds Run State Park in Athens. Beach with swimming, volleyball and picnic area. You can also rent canoes and boats. About 10 minutes away.
- Athens City Pool. Swimming for about $3-5 pass.
- Hocking Hills State Park in Logan. Hiking through Ash Cave, Cedar Falls and Old Man’s Cave. About 50 minutes away.
- Hocking Hills Canoe Livery in Logan. Canoe trip on the Hocking River. This is a 5-7 mile canoe trip down the river that is really nice. These start every hour but require about ½ hour check in time. Releases are required which you can get online and fill out in advance to make registration easier. About 45 minutes away.
- Hockhocking Adena Bikeway in Athens. Athens County has an 18-mile bike path through some beautiful sections of the community. The ride follows the Hocking River. A local bike shop rents bicycles.
- Burr Oak State Park outside Nelsonville. Quiet and remote Burr Oak State Park has a rustic country charm in its scenery of wooded hills and valley farms.
Below are some other links you can consider for activities.